- Listed: May 2, 2013 7:44 am
KUALA LUMPUR: A young Malaysian pilot, who is on a mission to break two flying round-the-world records, has surpassed the half-way mark after flying 13,558 nautical miles (25,109km) and making 17 location stops.
Captain James Anthony Tan, 21, of Sungai Long, Kajang has circled half-way round the globe after covering Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, Russia, United States of America, Canada, Denmark, Iceland and United Kingdom.
The 1Malaysia Around The World (1RTW) secretariat, in a statement today, said Tan was expected to return home on May 12, at Skypark, Subang.
Tan, the icon of 1RTW, flew a Cessna P210 Eagle aircraft on his historic solo flying mission which began on March 28.
He is seeking to break two world records, namely those in the ‘World Guinness Book of Records’ and ‘World Aviation Academy’, by circling round the world over a distance of 22,000 nautical miles (41,000km) in 50 days and visiting 20 countries with 30 stops.
The 1RTW was launched by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak in LIMA,Langkawi on March 26.– BERNAMA
Captain James Anthony Tan answering the journalists inside the Terminal after arriving at London Southend Airport, April 27, 2013. Captain James is set to be the youngest pilot to travel around the world covering 22000 nautical miles and 20 countries in 50 days in his Cessna P210 Eagle aircraft. Pix by STR/Wan Rosli Wan Othman
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Research
- Member Since: July 30, 2012
Other items listed by Research
- WestJet swapping out TVs for tablets
- Welcome to AviatorClassifieds.com
- Teens-In-Flight helps kids soar
- EP adds staff safeguards to competition boost plan
- Awesome Personal Jet!
Popular Ads Today
- 1948 Super Stinson 108-3 (4 views)
- Kitfox Model 5 Performance Bush Plane FOR SALE – OREGON USA (3 views)
- Dehavilland DHC-2 MK1 Beaver (3 views)
- GNOME MONOSOUPAPE ROTARY ENGINE INCOMPLETE (3 views)
- Rolls Royce Griffon 58 2000 HP excellent ex. RAF (3 views)
- CURTISS OX-5 V-8 ENGINE EXCELLENT AND COMPLETE (3 views)
- 1948 Stinson 108-3 (3 views)
- Rotating Azimuth Navigation Plotter (2 views)
- Jeppesen Leather Approach plate binder (2 views)
- PA-1151 Pilot USA Child Aviation Headset (2 views)