- Listed: May 2, 2013 7:44 am
KUALA LUMPUR: A young Malaysian pilot, who is on a mission to break two flying round-the-world records, has surpassed the half-way mark after flying 13,558 nautical miles (25,109km) and making 17 location stops.
Captain James Anthony Tan, 21, of Sungai Long, Kajang has circled half-way round the globe after covering Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, Russia, United States of America, Canada, Denmark, Iceland and United Kingdom.
The 1Malaysia Around The World (1RTW) secretariat, in a statement today, said Tan was expected to return home on May 12, at Skypark, Subang.
Tan, the icon of 1RTW, flew a Cessna P210 Eagle aircraft on his historic solo flying mission which began on March 28.
He is seeking to break two world records, namely those in the ‘World Guinness Book of Records’ and ‘World Aviation Academy’, by circling round the world over a distance of 22,000 nautical miles (41,000km) in 50 days and visiting 20 countries with 30 stops.
The 1RTW was launched by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak in LIMA,Langkawi on March 26.– BERNAMA
Captain James Anthony Tan answering the journalists inside the Terminal after arriving at London Southend Airport, April 27, 2013. Captain James is set to be the youngest pilot to travel around the world covering 22000 nautical miles and 20 countries in 50 days in his Cessna P210 Eagle aircraft. Pix by STR/Wan Rosli Wan Othman
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Research
- Member Since: July 30, 2012
Other items listed by Research
- HobbyFest 2013 Festival and Fundraiser
- Welcome to AviatorClassifieds.com
- Pay as you weigh airlines make sense, won’t fly
- WestJet swapping out TVs for tablets
- Awesome Personal Jet!
Popular Ads Today
- Piper Seneca PA-34-200T (7 views)
- 1957 DHC-2 Beaver Floatplane (6 views)
- GARMIN GNC 300XL GPS/MOVING MAP/COMM TRANSCEIVER (5 views)
- 1954 DeHavilland DHC2 Beaver (5 views)
- Garmin GNS 430W WAAS 14/28 volt (5 views)
- 1954 DeHavilland DHC2 Beaver (4 views)
- Globe Swift (4 views)
- 1999 SEAWIND 3000 (REF.:0065) (4 views)
- Bradley BA-100 Kit (4 views)
- 2007 Cessna 182T Skylane (4 views)